Mercury goes retrograde starting today (Jan21 - Feb 11) in Aquarius. It seems like even people who are not into Astrology have heard of the dreaded Mercury in retrograde but Im here to put it into perspective. Just like anything we don't really understand we tend to fear it. I see Mercury retrograde as a willing or forced reflection period, depending on how in tune you are.
The world we live in glorifies busyness, but our inner self craves stillness so when Mercury goes into retrograde things come to a screeching halt and we are asked to reassess, reevaluate, and restart whatever we are working on or towards at that time. Mercury in Retrograde takes us off the treadmill and encourages us to seek out our own true path and direction.
There is no doubt that communication is harder, people are misunderstood and electronics can sometimes go on the fritz, but those are all little flags trying to get your attention to address deeper issues. If we embrace Mercury retrograde with a willingness to dig deeper and change directions great things can come out of this three week period.
Here are my personal tips for making your Mercury Retrograde as great as possible:
- Back up your computer and any other electronics (just in case)
- Take time to meditate on your goals and direction in life
- When communications come up rise to the occasion and figure it out without getting emotional
- Write down any ideas you have during this phase you never know what could really turn into something
- Make lists to help you stay organized and on top of your daily life
- Take care of anything you have let slip through the cracks or neglected since the new year started
- Try to complete projects you have already started as opposed to starting new ones
- Read the fine print in any situation and try to avoid signing contracts
- Listen to your instincts and intuition
- Change how you perceive Mercury retrograde in your mind! Make it a positive!